Stan is an associate member of the corporate practice at Founders Legal. He has extensive knowledge and insights in general corporate matters, technology, and intellectual property. Stan has particular experience dealing with matters related to cryptocurrency, cannabis, and data privacy.
Before entering the legal field, Stan was a Revenue Management Analyst for Getaroom.com, from the founders of Hotels.com. While in law school, Stan interned with Surterra Wellness, an Atlanta based cannabis startup that has raised over $300M to date. Stan worked with a distinguished financial payments and cryptocurrency lawyer based in Washington D.C. on money transmission matters related to cryptocurrency. Additionally, Stan externed at the Internet Archive, a San Francisco-based nonprofit digital library and archive, working with leading copyright scholar Dr. Elizabeth Townsend Gard to further develop her Durationator project, a software program that aims to determine the global copyright status of every kind of cultural work.
Stan received his J.D. with honors from Tulane University Law School. Stan served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Tulane Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property. He was a research assistant to Professor Kirstin Johnson, a leading legal scholar on the implications of artificial intelligence and financial technology. Stan enjoys delivering creative legal solutions that turn regulations into market opportunities rather than obstacles to innovation.
- Tulane University – Juris Doctorate
- Tulane University – B.A., Political Science
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- State of Georgia (pending)
- “(Im)Perfect Regulation: Virtual Currency and Other Digital Assets as Collateral.” SMU Science and Technology Law Review, Vol. XXI, No. 2 (2018)
- “Tokenize the Musician.” Tulane Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property, Vol. 21 (2019)
- “A Conversation on Art, Museums, and Blockchain.” Tulane Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property, Vol. 21 (2019)